Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Can we count riding motorcycles and quads as PE?

Well, we're going to call it PE. If you've ever ridden motorcycles (dirt bikes) and/or quads you know it is quite the workout. The boys finished all their book work so I let them ride around in the back of the property for about an hour. They shoveled to make jumps and then rode hard.

I came out with Little Miss and Princess Shy to ride around the back one time and we were swarmed with bees. Little Miss didn't get stung once. Princess Shy was stung 5 times one was right on her nose. She couldn't get her helmet off fast enough. Then I was stung six times...this is one time that having long hair is not a good thing. Once they are in the hair it is way difficult to get them out without a brush. We survived though.

School has been going very well this year. Having two extra teenage boys around has actually been a nice change from having daycare. Designer and Mr. Easy Going are enjoying the company too. I'm thinking that I should have taken on other home schoolers years ago.

If you feel like praying for us, please do. We do have four boys here and one preteen girl. Princess Shy would love to have a couple of girls around too. Also, they just had lunch and the kitchen is wiped out...so I need all the help I can get in cleaning too.

No comments: