Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Unschooling Day 2

It's a really good thing we're not doing school. We wouldn't want to learn new things. Okay, I'm being sarcastic, but my children amaze me.

Today Mr. Easy Going was able to figure out what is wrong with his car. He needs ignition switch. Would you believe it's over $100 for a thing to plug your key in and turn? He is really enjoying the corvette message board though and learning a lot about his car.


Let's see, today he has learned more on auto mechanics, electronics, research, writing, reading and a bit of new vocabulary. Oh, and he learned a little math figuring how much he has to earn to pay for it.

Little Miss has been playing with her friend while she can. Her friend will be going to a new day care next week and Little Miss will miss her a great deal. It's been fun for them to play the last few weeks. They played the piano, listened to music, sang their alphabet song and played with all their dolls. Oh, and she did some chores...fed the dog and gave him some water. Isn't it funny that when they are 2-5 they want chores and after 5 you can't get them to do much?

Designer has been reading, designing new bionicles, created some new vocabulary...he had to name his new design. He is working on a story, writing, about his characters that he makes. It will be lots of fun to read what he puts together. I just have to be patient...not a trait I am known for.

Pretty Princess helped in the design of one of the bionicles today, rode her bike (PE), reading, music and email (communications). She found a new horse to put on her vision board this week too.

As for me, well I need to learn daily also. I've been playing around with a new to me program on creating web sites. I am determined to learn the program and create a web site for Learning Master's business.

No comments: