Thursday, September 20, 2007

Guitar Hero and our school day

Our school day went well. There were a few grumbles but the newness has worn off so I expected that. Oh, and mom is requiring more than ever.

The boys are now playing Guitar Hero.

I started thinking about this and thought the makers of this should use an actual guitar and teach real guitar in this game like manner. This is the guitar that comes with the game.

Then I thought about it and thought it would be great if they did a piano version too. I think I'll be on the look out for something like this for actually teaching a musical instrument.

Hey, what if they did foreign language in this type of a game format? I think I just gave makers some great ideas. I wonder how long before these types of games are available. I'm not much for gaming systems but if they made something educational I wouldn't mind so much.

Well, we're off to Portland to do some errands. See you all tomorrow.

1 comment:

BarbC said...

Luke came in while I was reading your blog and said "That game rocks!" His friend, Andrew has it. Of course being a guitar player and a video game fan, how could he not like it! It would be cool if they used the video games to teach guitar or piano... very cool! Barb